Protect what matters to you most
We know you'd rather not think of the time when you're no longer around. But it's important to protect the things that really matter – like your loved ones, home and lifestyle – in case the unexpected happens. Life assurance.
Life insurance can give you that reassurance. It's quick and easy to set up. And it needn't be expensive.
Just pay a little each month, and your family will get a cash pay-out if you die during the term of the policy. Or you'll get it early to help remove financial worries if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness, as defined in the Terms and Conditions.
Our life insurance makes it easy to prepare for the unexpected now:
You can pay from just £7 per month or pay more and get up to £500,000 of cover*
We include terminal illness cover free and pay out early if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness that meets our definition
Pay more each month to add Critical Illness Benefit to your policy - an extra cash sum equivalent to 25% of your life insurance cash sum if you're diagnosed, during the term of your policy, with one of the three critical illnesses covered that meets our definition
We'll only ask you questions essential for your quote, for an instant decision
Receive a £50 One4all gift card** when you protect your family or your mortgage with an award winning Life Insurance provider
Plus, once you’re covered, you’ll have access to the Post Office Money Helping Hand Service^ at no extra cost. This is a one-to-one long term support from a dedicated personal nurse for your family if you die. We're also there for you if you lose someone yourself or are diagnosed with a serious illness. If it’s beneficial, a course of assessed therapy or counselling can also be provided when that difficult time comes, with a simple and understanding claims process and bereavement support at no extra cost. Get a quote today.
Some common questions
How long do I pay my monthly payments for?
When will my policy pay out?
A cash sum payment will be made if you die within the term of the policy. We'll pay it out early if you're diagnosed with a terminal illness that meets the definition (as per the Terms and Conditions) with a life expectancy of less than 18 months. We only pay out for terminal illness once, and the policy will end once we do.
Cheapest life insurance rates
The policy is not guaranteed to pay off your loan or mortgage (if this is the purpose of the policy).
The policy has no cash in value. The policy ends if you stop making monthly payments during the payment term. Your cash sum is dependent on your age and your chosen monthly payment amount.
When you apply it is important that you answer our application questions honestly and accurately, as proving incorrect answers could mean that a claim is not paid.
I don't have a mortgage. Why do I need life insurance?
What is Critical Illness Benefit?
How does someone claim on my policy?
† Source: Office for National Statistics, Family Spending Report, 2016.
^ This service is provided by RedArc and is not part of the product contract and can be withdrawn at any time.
Post Office Money Life Insurance is provided by The Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited.
Post Office Money Life Insurance offers up to £500,000 cover for customers who are UK residents aged 18-70 at the start of the policy. The minimum term is 5 years and cover must end before your 81st birthday.
We won’t pay a claim on death if it was as a result of suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury within 12 months of the start date of your policy.
Critical Illness Benefit can pay an extra cash sum if you are diagnosed, during the term of your policy, with one of the three critical illnesses covered that meets our definition and then survive for at least 10 days after.
We won’t pay a claim on terminal illness if you don’t meet our definition of terminal illness; or terminal illness is caused by intentional self-inflicted injury within 12 months of the start date of your policy. The full definition of terminal illness can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
We won’t pay a claim if you don’t keep your payments up to date as you will no longer be covered under the policy. If you don’t tell us something or give us incorrect answers to our application questions that affects your cover we may reduce the amount we pay for a claim or at worst cancel your cover and not refund your monthly payments. If you’re a UK resident aged between 18 and 70, excluding members of the Armed Forces, Army Reserve (previously known as the TA) or Reservists, you can apply. Please see Terms and Conditions for further details about the restrictions that apply.
1. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This 'thank you' promotion entitles you to a £50, One4all gift card when you buy a Post Office Money Life Insurance policy.
3. You must retain the policy for at least the 90 day qualifying period, and make at least 3 monthly direct debit payments to be eligible for the 'thank you' promotion. The One4all gift card will be sent to eligible customers within 28 days after the end of the 90 day qualifying period, as long as the policy is still active and a minimum of 3 monthly payments have been paid.
4. If you decide to cancel your cover within the first 30 days of the commencement date of the policy you will be refunded the monthly payments you have paid in full but will not be eligible for the 'thank you' promotion. If you decide to cancel after the first 30 days but before the end of the 90 day qualifying period, you will not be refunded monthly payments already made or be eligible for the 'thank you' promotion.
5. The 'thank you' promotion is open to anyone who is a permanent UK resident aged between 18 and 70 (inclusive). This 'thank you' promotion does not apply to Post Office Limited employees, Post Office Management Services employees, or Post Office Sub-postmasters and their employees who work in Post Office branches.
6. Please note it is not possible to cover more than one person on an individual policy; however, couples wishing to take out Post Office Money Life Insurance may apply for separate policies, in which case each policy may be separately eligible for the 'thank you' promotion.
7. The 'thank you' promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
8. This 'thank you' promotion is applicable to applications for Post Office Money Life Insurance made online, by phone or in branch. If any application cannot be completed in branch, the customer is referred by a Post Office branch employee to the Post Office Money Life Contact Centre to complete the application.
9. The 'thank you' promotion is not transferable or exchangeable.
Life insurance through
10. The 'thank you' promotion can only be used once per person.
11. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the 'thank you' promotion without notice at any time.
12. The promoter of this ' thank you' promotion is Post Office Management Services.
13. The One4all gift card can be used in selected retail outlets only and is subject to terms and conditions which are available in the T&Cs.
14. Post Office Limited and Post Office Management Services accept no responsibility for lost, stolen or defaced One4all gift cards, or for One4all gift cards used without your permission.
If you buy a Post Office Money Life Insurance product in a Post Office branch or over the telephone, it has been arranged and sold by Post Office Limited and Post Office Management.
One4all Gift Card is provided by GVS Prepaid Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (register reference 900230) for the issuing of electronic money.